Skip to main content

Professional Project Review

This article was about a tragic event that happened at community college in Roseburg, Oregon. In Oregon an armed gunman opened fire on the campus. Nine people were killed and at least seven were wounded. The article focuses on the reporters of the incident and how demanding they were of people to get an interview with them. Many people saw this as disrespectful and rude but the reporters were just doing their job.


The author does not take a strong stand for either side of the argument. He mainly discusses both sides and does not state which side is right or wrong. He agrees with the victims that it is rude but he also agrees that it is their job and that they don't mean to come off rude, but it is their job to get information quickly as possible and give it to the public.


The Aritcle is not a strong source if you are looking for information of the shooting but it is strong public opinion on the topic. It discusses how reporters are too demanding of people and come off strong and rude when asking for interview after tragic event happen.


The author's general conclusion on the topic is that the reporters are just doing their job. The main points of the article were that reporters are being too aggressive and inconsiderate of the victims feelings. The use evidence from twitter posts from victims and how reporters immediately messaged them asking them about what happened and the public found them to be very rude. The pictures they showed were mainly of the victims and the candle ceremony they had.


Overall the article wasn't very informative and didn't give new information.

Comments

  1. You can definitely tell you put a lot of time and effort into this! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly blog 10/06/17

I read about the  Las Vegas Shooting  and the tragic loss their city has faced. The reporter did a great job giving the public specific information on who the killer was and his life before the shooting. They also did well titling the story because it stated the 4 w's. They could improve by giving more information on the victims and about the festival. Also they should've stated new information. I didn't learn any new formation in this article because they are repeating what was said on the news. I learned that I need to include the 5 W's in my recap. I also learned that you need to give new information in my recap. Also I will write more informative articles and use more visual aids.

1st Semester Reflection

This year I gained many strengths. Some of my strengths include project management, cooperation, and leadership. I have strong project management because I get my assignments done on time and they are quality packages. My cooperation skills are strong too because I communicate well with Haley and calm her down when she's stressed out. I have great leadership skills because I can lead people without being bossy. Also my leadership skills have helped me finish my work on time and work well with others. However, I have a few weaknesses like staying on task and being proactive. My plan to become more proactive is by helping out with more things after school and helping set up the broadcast. I will also sit in on the game day broadcasts and learn how to work the equipment. I will stay on task by working on my portfolio and my blogs. Overall this semester was very successful. I learned how to work well with others and what it takes to be a strong leader. I also learned how to be a go...

Weekly Blog 11/10/17

This week I improved on correcting the audio levels in my packages. I also fixed the color in my interviews. My voice overs also dramatically improved this year and instead of repeating what the person says I'm actually leading into the interview.