Skip to main content

Final Reflection

Final Reflection

The most valuable takeaway from technology is learning how to use final cut pro. Final cut pro is very important because that is the software we used to create our videos. Collaboration is also important because in a news room you must work with the people around you to create a product. Communication is important because it gives us the ability to tell others what we need them for or to tell them if we need help. As  newscaster our job is to communicate through our  news stories and tell the public whats going on. Project management is important because it is the time frame we need to complete a package. In the real world a reporter will be given multiple projects at a time and it is their responsibility to get it done. Leadership is always a great quality  because we need more leaders in this world. Also in a news room the leaders are the reporters and directors because they tell everyone what to do and when it needs to be done. Great news stories come from great leaders.

I learned these five guarantees by being in this program. I learned how to communicate by working in groups to create ONW NOW. I learned great leadership skills by working with partners to create our news packages. Project management is a valuable skill and from being in this program I have learned how to manage my time in class and finish my packages on time. Along the way I faced challenges with working with others and time management but I worked through it and overcame it.

My greatest strength is my leadership skills. I tend to take charge in groups and most of the time that means our projects are done on time. I think being a great leader is very important because they are the people who help their group prevail. My Weakness is staying on task. Staying on task a little difficult for me because I have made a lot of great friends in this program and i just love to chat with them.

I have improved tremendously in my voice overs. My voice overs are leading into each soundbite and add to the story. I still need to work on fixing the lighting and framing. When I am out filming I tend to forget the 6 shot system. However, with the skills I have learned from this class I will be able to fix that easily. One thing I would change is the requirement of doing these reflections as our final. Also the 5 Guarantees are not really implemented in our class.

In conclusion this year I learned how to work well with others in order to create a great package. I also made some great friends that helped me complete my projects. The program is a great way to teach students collaboration and how to problem solve.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly blog 10/06/17

I read about the  Las Vegas Shooting  and the tragic loss their city has faced. The reporter did a great job giving the public specific information on who the killer was and his life before the shooting. They also did well titling the story because it stated the 4 w's. They could improve by giving more information on the victims and about the festival. Also they should've stated new information. I didn't learn any new formation in this article because they are repeating what was said on the news. I learned that I need to include the 5 W's in my recap. I also learned that you need to give new information in my recap. Also I will write more informative articles and use more visual aids.

1st Semester Reflection

This year I gained many strengths. Some of my strengths include project management, cooperation, and leadership. I have strong project management because I get my assignments done on time and they are quality packages. My cooperation skills are strong too because I communicate well with Haley and calm her down when she's stressed out. I have great leadership skills because I can lead people without being bossy. Also my leadership skills have helped me finish my work on time and work well with others. However, I have a few weaknesses like staying on task and being proactive. My plan to become more proactive is by helping out with more things after school and helping set up the broadcast. I will also sit in on the game day broadcasts and learn how to work the equipment. I will stay on task by working on my portfolio and my blogs. Overall this semester was very successful. I learned how to work well with others and what it takes to be a strong leader. I also learned how to be a go...

Weekly Blog 11/10/17

This week I improved on correcting the audio levels in my packages. I also fixed the color in my interviews. My voice overs also dramatically improved this year and instead of repeating what the person says I'm actually leading into the interview.