Skip to main content

Weekly Blog 9/15/17

I watched a USC football recap USC Football recap that ESPN produced and they did a great job using a shot sheet. They told me the situation, action, and the result. The commentator also continuously told me what quarter the event occurred and what the score was. ESPN also used interesting graphics to tell the audience the situation.

They need to work on more enthusiasm and personality with the voice overs.  The shots could be a little more varied. He needed to use more analysis and less of an overview. He could've gotten an interview with the coach and another player.

I can implement some of these things in my videos and news packages. I would use the shot sheet more. I would also need to use a cool lower thirds because it made the video interesting. In the video they also used graphics and I can use that in my packages as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly blog 10/06/17

I read about the  Las Vegas Shooting  and the tragic loss their city has faced. The reporter did a great job giving the public specific information on who the killer was and his life before the shooting. They also did well titling the story because it stated the 4 w's. They could improve by giving more information on the victims and about the festival. Also they should've stated new information. I didn't learn any new formation in this article because they are repeating what was said on the news. I learned that I need to include the 5 W's in my recap. I also learned that you need to give new information in my recap. Also I will write more informative articles and use more visual aids.

1st Semester Reflection

This year I gained many strengths. Some of my strengths include project management, cooperation, and leadership. I have strong project management because I get my assignments done on time and they are quality packages. My cooperation skills are strong too because I communicate well with Haley and calm her down when she's stressed out. I have great leadership skills because I can lead people without being bossy. Also my leadership skills have helped me finish my work on time and work well with others. However, I have a few weaknesses like staying on task and being proactive. My plan to become more proactive is by helping out with more things after school and helping set up the broadcast. I will also sit in on the game day broadcasts and learn how to work the equipment. I will stay on task by working on my portfolio and my blogs. Overall this semester was very successful. I learned how to work well with others and what it takes to be a strong leader. I also learned how to be a go...

Weekly Blog 11/10/17

This week I improved on correcting the audio levels in my packages. I also fixed the color in my interviews. My voice overs also dramatically improved this year and instead of repeating what the person says I'm actually leading into the interview.