Skip to main content

Weekly Blog 9/22/17

ESPN did a run down on the top NFL Power Rankings. I like how the producers did the graphics. Even though it wasn't a very long segment it was very interesting. The anchors use various intonation which make the audience want to listen. Also the commentators are not very negative when talking about some of the poor plays and choices the players or coaches have made.

Some things they could improve on is making some more creative backgrounds for the graphics. They could also make some of the segments a little longer. Some of the teams were not even talked about, yet their pictures were still shown.

I would still like to include some creative graphics and varied intonation. In the next package I need to include stronger voice overs and cool graphics. I learn a lot of new techniques from watching ESPN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly blog 10/06/17

I read about the  Las Vegas Shooting  and the tragic loss their city has faced. The reporter did a great job giving the public specific information on who the killer was and his life before the shooting. They also did well titling the story because it stated the 4 w's. They could improve by giving more information on the victims and about the festival. Also they should've stated new information. I didn't learn any new formation in this article because they are repeating what was said on the news. I learned that I need to include the 5 W's in my recap. I also learned that you need to give new information in my recap. Also I will write more informative articles and use more visual aids.

1st Semester Reflection

This year I gained many strengths. Some of my strengths include project management, cooperation, and leadership. I have strong project management because I get my assignments done on time and they are quality packages. My cooperation skills are strong too because I communicate well with Haley and calm her down when she's stressed out. I have great leadership skills because I can lead people without being bossy. Also my leadership skills have helped me finish my work on time and work well with others. However, I have a few weaknesses like staying on task and being proactive. My plan to become more proactive is by helping out with more things after school and helping set up the broadcast. I will also sit in on the game day broadcasts and learn how to work the equipment. I will stay on task by working on my portfolio and my blogs. Overall this semester was very successful. I learned how to work well with others and what it takes to be a strong leader. I also learned how to be a go...

Weekly Blog 11/10/17

This week I improved on correcting the audio levels in my packages. I also fixed the color in my interviews. My voice overs also dramatically improved this year and instead of repeating what the person says I'm actually leading into the interview.